Thursday, August 14, 2008

OB-GYN...Check!

Well, today was the last day of my OB-GYN rotation and it went rather well. I must admit I have enjoyed it much more than I originally thought I would. Not enough to consider it as a career, but as far as the rotation went, it wasn't too bad at all. There was a nice mix of clinic, delivery room, and operating room experiences that kept things pretty interesting- I imagine this is one of the draws of the specialty.

Academically, it was not incredibly taxing at all. My advice for those going into this rotation is: pick a good book ( I used Blueprints for OB/GYN) and read a chapter or two everyday. Most, if not all, of our weekly didactic lectures mirrored material in the book. I abandoned my trademark procrastination and actually stayed ahead of the curve with the reading and it paid off. I have done a bunch of sample questions and it seems I have learned some stuff about the old vertical smile during my time with the fine folks of the Vaginas and Pending Humans Department at Brooklyn Hospital. ;-)

Next up : 12 weeks in Internal Medicine starting Monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats !!! You're one step closer to being the $300,000.00 man ;) By the by, Obama defines 'rich' as $250,000.00 or more :)

Rogue Medic said...

Was this segue in order to go from the youngest patients to the eldest as quickly as possible?

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA