Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pee Pee in the Potty Conga

They say it is the little things in life that are to be treasured. I suppose that is true.

Lately we have been encouraging Rileigh to sit on her potty everyday once or twice, in an effort to transition her into some serious potty training down the road. Well, tonight during such an attempt she sat on the potty and made her customary "psssssss" sound to signify her peeing (this is ALL she usually does- is make the sound) and then demanded toilet paper and washed her hands- I suppose, at least, we are ingraining hygienic habits.

Anyway after this little mock micturition she gathered herself and made her way back to playing with her 7,149 toys that lay strewn about the living room. Several minutes later I was in the bedroom when I heard my wife shreik er...mention that there was indeed some of the golden fruits of our little darling's hard working nephrons sparkling at the bottom of the pint sized potty. She had somehow managed to run back into the bathroom and conduct a covert urination operation while Kathy was preparing dinner.

As is the custom in my household, whenever one of our clan overcomes the genetic boundaries, acheives expert marksmanship, and actually deposits urine in the receptacle designed with the expressed purpose of containing it- it is cause for much celebration. I for one like to celebrate our successes and not dwell on any of the shortfalls (unlike my wife and her inability to forget the infamous 3am drunken livingroom accident or the dreaded toilet seat faux paus of 2006) Anyway, this was clearly a time to rejoice.

I took the lead during an un-precedented rendition of the "Pee Pee in the Potty Conga" song complete with rolling hand motions and gesticulating dance moves. I would love to post a video of the aformentioned spectacle, but we were so caught up in the peeing pandemonium that it slipped my mind to capture the event on film. Trust me when I tell you it was quite the sight to behold!

I smiled broad and long.

Who knew urine could bring such happiness?

It really is the little things.

0 Comments:

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA