Friday, August 7, 2009

The Weight of the World

I woke up this morning and something was different. I actually got a decent night's rest, something I sorely missed.

After what seems like an eternity of endless studying, I finally have come to the day where I no longer have to worry about the USMLE step 2 exam*. What a relief!

The exam yesterday went pretty much according to plan- after over a thousand practice questions, the test seemed to go by pretty quick. There was however, a series of about 5 questions near the beginning of my first block that felt like a stiff boot to the pills. They asked some off-the-wall curve-ball questions that were more of the Step 1 variety. Aside from that I felt pretty comfortable with the material and I didn't think it was too horrible.

I suppose I will know for sure in about 3 weeks when I get my results.

My son John picked me up after the exam and we met up with Jersey Pete to did a little post-exam celebrating over a few beers and the Yankee game at Brother Jimmy's.

Up next, I am reunited with my friends in GI starting Monday.


* assuming I passed

1 Comments:

Rogue Medic said...

Of course you passed. Do you think they want to try to decode more of your arcane deductive rambling? Even if you spared them the usual Latin, and moved to a more modern quote, like Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate they probably are not pleased with your intimation about the exam. Alternating that with counter-questions about whether you are dealing with an African or European Swallow, and they are unlikely to invite you back for more.

What is this sleep that you describe?

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA