Monday, April 19, 2010

Lessons My Kids Teach Me. Part 712


I wanted to make a pit stop at the grocery store but, as is common among those in my age group, I forgot. I remembered just as I passed the road that that led to the store. " $%#&*@!"  I mumbled under my breath (or so I thought)

Rileigh: What, dad?
Me: Nothing honey.
Rileigh: What wrong daddy?
Me: Nothing's wrong baby.
Rileigh: Oh. [pause] Then why you say that: sonofabitch?
Me:  Uh, what?
Rileigh: You say sonofabitch.
Me:  [removing one hand from the wheel to slap self in forehead] Oh, I forgot to turn back there so we can go to the food store. 
Rileigh: [in her patronizing, conciliatory tone- that sounds remarkably like what you would hear when someone is talking to a 5 year old who has just spilled his milk] It's okay daddy, we can go an "utter" way.
Me: Yes honey, we sure can go another way. 
Rileigh: [giggling now] You're silly, daddy!

Yes, indeed I am silly.

5 Comments:

Rogue Medic said...

My name is Rileigh and my Daddy taught me to curse like a sailor.

This could be the way she introduces herself to her kindergarten class, your boss, and strangers on the street.

Unknown said...

She is so cute.

Unknown said...

She's adorable.. thanks for adding some life to your medical school experience. What about a post-medical school rant though? Would like to see an update :-).

I also have a blog, even though I don't think it is of any interest for you at all other people might benefit from it. Get Into Medical School.

Thanks for sharing have a great week..

cissy banning said...

WOW....HOW AMAZING THAT OUR KIDS HEAR EVERY WORD.....AND OF COURSE IT MAY BE TWO MONTHS LATER... OMG... THEY QUOTE EVERY WORD THAT YOU SAID (NOT EVEN REALIZING THAT YOURE TALKING OUT LOUD...HA... SHE IS AN ADORABLE LITTLE THING. MY SON IS ALMOST FIVE.... (WITH A 15 YR OLD BROTHER... WE SOOOO HAVE OUR HANDS FULL. JJ IS THE EXTRAVERT AND THEN SOME...(NORM FOR THE BABY, RIGHT???) I CANT REMEMBER DAY TO DAY.... ITS SO INCREDIABLE WHAT OUR LITTLE ANGELS ARE CAPABLE OF RETAINING TO LONG TERM MEMORY. XOXO TO YOUR LITTLE SWEETIE..... CISSY

Unknown said...

I am visiting this site first time, this article has nice informative..

Kaplan Lecture Notes Usmle Step 2ck US Printed

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA