Monday, December 10, 2007

It Makes My Liver Quiver


Christies auction house in New York auctioned off an 81 year old bottle of scotch that was originally distilled in 1926 during prohibition. The bottle of MACALLAN sold for a whopping $54,000.00. Click here for the story.

In case you were wondering, (You know I was)

750ml bottle = just about 17 shots (1.5oz/shot)
$54,000.00 divided by 17 shots = $3176.47 per shot

Now, as most of you know, I enjoy an occasional scotch myself and have been lucky enough to sample quite a few really good ones. I have even spent as much as $30.00 for a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue Label, which by the way, I didn't think was the best I have ever tasted. As much as I enjoy scotch I can hardly imagine the spirit worth 3 thousand dollars a shot.

Although I would be interested in trying a sip of an 81 year old single malt. (in case the anonymous buyer is looking for volunteers that would appreciate a good drink)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Scotch, you, really?

Vince said...

Your sarcasm is not lost on me.

Anonymous said...

daddy, i have to agree with ray on this one =]

Vince said...

and so close to Christmas too...have you learned nothing?

Anonymous said...

haha. guess not...(looks up with big brown eyes) but daddy i love you! lol

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA