Sunday, December 9, 2007

Return of the Blog

Once again it seems I have fallen into a period of non-blogging. My apologies to those who have been stopping by and been disappointed by a lack of anything new. I promise to try to not let that happen again. OK on to what's new:

Well, our time here on the island will come to an end next week. As an added surprise I just realized that our flight home is SATURDAY not Monday the 17th as previously thought (and told to every living soul I know) So we will be home* Saturday the 15th of December.

This past Thursday we had what was our last exam at school. A full length simulated Step-1 board exam. All of my days locked away studying seemed to have paid off- I did pretty well. According to a conversion table they had it translates into a fairly respectable score on the real thing. So I am a little less worried about the real test which I will be taking somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd week of January. I did come away form the exam with a list of things I need to study a bit more like the structures of viruses against which I apparently have a mental block.

I can't believe how fast my time down here has gone. It seems like only yesterday I was carrying suitcases into our apartment at the Summit and wondering what the hell we were doing on this island. It has been a great experience though and other than missing the kids, I wouldn't change a thing. Many of my fellow classmates have left the island already and hopefully I will run into some of them during clinicals. I have been lucky and met some really great people down here and hope to stay in touch with many of them. To those classmates I will not get a chance to see again before we leave, good luck.

On the home front things have been a little hectic around here. We are desperately trying to consolidate all of our island-ly possessions and sell most things so we don't have to cart them all back with us. Tomorrow I have to run over to the cargo shipping place and inquire about shipping some things home rather than trying to squeeze it all into our luggage. Hopefully it will not be too expensive.

Rileigh is doing great (I know most of you only visit this blog to hear how she is doing) she is showing the beginning signs of crawling- she gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth and then does the baby impression of a moonwalk. She slides herself backwards. She is super pleasant all the time and smiles and giggles most of the day away. I'm sure she is anxious to get back home to see her brother and sisters and her grandparents, conveniently just in time for Christmas. Here are a few recent pictures of our little drool-machine:







*By "home" of course I mean in the greater Philadelphia area looking for a 2 bedroom Kenmore refrigerator box.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man! words can't describe how excited I am, daddy! can't wait to see you guys and I am definately counting down the days to be reunited with my island-raised sister.

<3Moose

Anonymous said...

Damn...I just threwaway a nice-sized box the other day. Wish you would have mentioned this sooner!

Anonymous said...

Vince and Kathy!

I can't believe it's your time to pack up and get the heck outta there! It seems like just yesterday we were picking ya'll up at the airport and dumping you off at the summit. I do have to admit Dren and I laughed as we left ya'll there saying to ourselves "poor suckers don't have a clue as to what they just got themselves into hahaha!" LOL! I'm really glad to hear island time is over because the real fun is about to begin!

Best wishes,
Krista and Drennan
(freezing our butts off doing clinicals in Connecticut)

Vince said...

Hey Krista & Drennan,

I can't wait to see some snow myself hehehehe. I can't believe how fast things went either- we now how even more crap to try to cart back with us if that is even possible! Hope you guys are doing well.
-V

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA