Monday, January 19, 2009

Birthdays and Such...

Hey, good to see you. I haven't been 'round these parts in a bit. The old blog muse snuck out in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago and hasn't so much as called me.

Since last we left our hero in the middle of a booze review, he had a ..ahem, birthday. I can start to see the top of this hill now. My daughter Kaitlyn prepared a wonderful dinner to help celebrate her dad's inching toward "antique" status. The older I get the more sentimental I suppose, because it was a real joy to spend my birthday with the whole family. As far as kids go you could do a lot worse than my smart-arsed little tribe! Everyone made my birthday a very cool day.

Speaking of family and birthdays, John is about to have a birthday Wednesday and I am looking forward to going out to celebrate with him. I promise not to repeat the dreaded "Backstreet Boys Karaoke Incident" that occurred the last time we went out in Brooklyn- he may never enter Brooklyn again without a disguise on!

Kathy is doing well and everything with the pregnancy is just fine, April is rapidly approaching. At some point we will have to give some thoughts to a name! (How many apostrophes are there in Dae'qwon ?)

From the "Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes" file, I got the results of the shelf exams I took last month and I honored my Internal Medicine exam and comfortably passed Psychiatry! Contrary to what my wife believes, I am not a complete idiot!

Meanwhile I am waiting to begin the much dreaded surgery rotation on Feb 2nd. during which, sleep and I will become once again, estranged.

And finally, thanks to watching Jack's Big Music Show (you know, for Rileigh!) I have been going around all day singing this:



It's catchy, no?

4 Comments:

Scott said...

I feel like I've lost a part of my life, after watching that video. Hope you keep up the blogging though!

Arjune said...

I had to actively suppress laughter after reading the line "How many apostrophes are there in Dae'qwon?" in the quiet confines of the Lutheran Med Center library. Got some stares from people around me. Thanks for making me look like a lunatic.

I'll have to check out that video when I get home...I'm sure it will not disappoint.

Vince said...

Hey Arjune, I'm glad I could help!

Rogue Medic said...

The apostrophes are optional. Everybody knows that.

I don't remember anyone using the modifier complete, but I could be wrong. At least you are a few rungs above the names that are used, affectionately, to describe me.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA