Thursday, February 14, 2008

St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Despite my promises to post regularly, I have once again neglected to post- for almost a month this time. Somehow my life has taken a turn for the surreal; each day morphs into the next without pomp or circumstance. Hours go by in a haze of baby toys, soiled diapers, and medical review books.* The clock winds down toward D-day, Tuesday 19-Feb-2008. This is the day I will take the USMLE Step 1 exam.

Do I feel prepared? In a word, NO. There is so much to remember. I am learning that I have subconsciously omitted a large chunk of my medical school education that I had previously filed in the "Interesting details that I will never need to remember" category. Oh the humanity! Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and he expects you to be able to differentiate between a bacteria that is gram negative, non lactose fermenting, motile, and produces H2S gas* and a delicious piece of sashimi!

Oh the humanity!

I have become a seething ball of anxiety and cannot wait until Tuesday evening when, for better or worse, the albatross will be finally cast off.

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock.

* I do manage to keep straight what to change, what to play with, and what to study!

* Salmonella in case you were wondering.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Minus the feeling like you've been kicked in the balls for 8 hours straight....its a good feeling to be done.
vj

Anonymous said...

I miss your posts brother... good luck on the test.
Brian

Vince said...

Thanks!

Vince said...

Hey Vaughn, send me an email the address I have for you doesn't seem to work.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA