Friday, April 25, 2008

Florida's Got Balls!

Another fun story from the Oddly Enough file at Reuters.

Apparently a Republican state senator in Florida has proposed a ban on those fake testicles that you may have noticed dangling from the rear of pickup trucks. If you haven't seen them before prepare your eyes for a treat:



I admit, when I first saw these last year I giggled. I think they are pretty stupid after about a minute and if not the tackiest thing I have ever seen, would place right up there.

But if Billy-Bob wants to adorn his mobile gun rack   trailer trash magnet   penis compensator pickup truck, then far be it from us to stop him.

I mean if we are going to start legislating poor vehicular taste, then I submit: any spinning rims, gold-colored cars, or putting a 6' spoiler on the back of a Prius be a capital offense!

At the end of the day I think this bill has as much chance of passing in Florida as does a ban on rainbow stickers in San Fransisco.

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Banning this stupidity would be a clear violation of free speech ---- I wish they would concentrate on things that really matter !!!

Anonymous said...

You know I always got your back brother... but I must disagree with any bill that aims to band the stripper chick on the mud flaps of tractor trailers.

Pensacola, FL in da house

Rogue Medic said...

They're nuts.

Vince said...

Yes they are nuts! ;)

Rogue Medic said...

I meant it the other way.

Vince said...

As did I ;)

Rogue Medic said...

Copycat.

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW YOUR TEEENAGE DAUGHTERS READ THIS?

Vince said...

Yes. And your point?

Certainly nothing I write here is obscene.

Those fake testicles are hanging on trucks all over the roads. Shall I blindfold them?

Besides, it raises the issue of the 1st amendment and I am still nudging for Law School ;)

Rogue Medic said...

It is good to have teenagers read. If only adults could be taught to both read and comprehend.

Rogue Medic said...

Vince,

I stole the Epocrates widget from you. I like it.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA