Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Carl Sagan is my Hero


I am watching the Science Channel right now and they are airing an episode from Carl Sagan's Cosmos series. Sagan is, without a doubt, one of the most eloquent and poetic scientists that ever walked erect on our little pale blue dot. Between his hypnotic voice and his skillful use of vibrant language he has introduced generations to the infinite vastness and complexity of our universe. There is something altogether humbling and yet reassuring when one contemplates the utter infinitesimal nature of all that it is we know.

Here is a brief sample:

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he's gone ...... I don't have to worry about you taking long hot showers with him :)

I wonder how he (and his brethren) will be perceived when it comes to light that vast amounts of scientific data have been withheld from the people ('for their own good')?

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA