Saturday, July 5, 2008

In Almost a Fortnight....

Well gentle readers (both of you) a great many things have transpired since my last post. To recap what you may have missed here are the highlights:

  • The kind and friendly folks over at the NYPD Traffic Enforcement Division were admiring my car so much they decided to pick it up with a tow truck and take it on a test-drive. $300.00 later and some disagreement over the difference between 4 feet and 10 feet from a fire hydrant, I now have the car back.

  • Rileigh turned 1 year old last week!

  • I finished my first rotation with, nary a corpse in my wake- I might add.

  • We finally loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly, Brooklyn that is. We are now denizens of the quaint little community of Bay Ridge in Brooklyn.
Understandably there has been little time for blogging and other such pursuits.

After we complete the unpacking epic I will post some pics of our new digs. In the meantime here are a few photos:

Before:

After:

Our new and highly cluttered kitchen:

Our first trip to the neighborhood playground:




We have got to keep Rileigh from watching those Discovery Channel nature specials:





5 Comments:

Rogue Medic said...

Both gentle readers? I think you aren't including ld and me in that description. :-)

Maybe you should use the camera feature on the cell phone to take a picture every time you park, to be able to have some documentation to back up your word that it is "that big." I know you've been able to get by with, "Trust me," but I guess this is your official "Welcome to New York, now leave," message. Don't worry, there will be other things that will have you looking back on this fondly.

Great job packing and unpacking the cake. It looks as if it survived the move intact.

I don't think she's been watching Discovery Channel, but Disney or some other channel with stories about princesses kissing frogs. Maybe she's just taking after her mother. :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Big Apple !!!!!
Make sure that you have some Cipro and KI in your medicine chest ! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm going out on a limb here in guessing that years of lying in regards to lengths of objects has now distorted your ability to judge distances? hehe
Good luck in Brooklyn
VJ

Vince said...

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our first nomination for :

COMMENT OF THE YEAR!

LMAO Vaughn!

That was good!

Anonymous said...

oh jeeze. i probably shouldn't get some things posted on this blog, but i do. very funny. and i love the pictures of my little munchkin :)

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA