Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Freaky....

I was taking a break from studying, sitting at my computer and listening to Pandora Radio (which is cooler than a box of frozen cucumbers) and enjoying my custom radio station- featuring various Blues greats.

Anyway, I was checking my news feeds on Thunderbird and read this story : Koko Taylor died today at age 80. I was about 2 paragraphs into the story, when I realized that at that very moment, Koko was playing over my computer speakers wailing out one of her hits, Evil:

"Long way from home
Can't sleep at all
'Cause there's another
Mule kickin' in your stall"
(they don't write 'em like this any more!)

Weird coincidence.

Meanwhile, back in the land of the living, I am doing a fair bit of studying lately for my upcoming test in Chicago next Wednesday. Posting will be a bit light but I am working on putting up some pictures and a video or two from last weekends Relay for Life event.

Stay Tuned.

2 Comments:

Megg said...

I've been tuned.

Anonymous said...

'Weird coincidence.'

You keep telling yourself that :-)

Coincidence = this is the name folks give to stuff that they can't otherwise explain === in the tiny amount of time that science has been on the scene the number of 'coincidences' has dropped and the number of 'explained events' has grown.

Perhaps free will exits within a framework devoid of any chance .... we would need a new science to unravel that paradox :-)

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA