Thursday, June 11, 2009

So much to say..so little energy...

I had intended on posting a pretty long narrative about my ordeal taking Step 2 CS - but I am dog-tired. My flight got in rather late last night and after an awful night sleep I was scheduled for 12 hours in the Peds ER today. Thankfully I was in a familiar and comfortable environment and was able to get through the day while still appearing to have my head in the game. The reality is Vince is just about approching the red line on the old stress-o-meter.

There has been a perfect storm of circumstances conspiring to have me loose my shit in an epic way.

Perhaps I'll feel better after a couple hours of sleep.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

"There has been a perfect storm of circumstances conspiring to have me loose my shit in an epic way." - Vince McDonough

This is officially my favorite quote of the year. It's going on my facebook page. If I didn't have to act like a "professional" I would put it at the bottom of my emails. :-)

Good luck with all your shit.

Anonymous said...

In my 30 years of knowing you I can tell you this - if there's anyone who can handle it - it's you! And if you can't...there's always alcohol!!!

Ray M.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh ...... the 'storm' .... perfect ..... and 'conspiring' no less ..... be careful ----- next there will be talk of Jesus :-)

The 'storm' --- you thought it up and introduced it. You knew exactly what you would do, but you wanted to see how you would respond :-) It all about the paradox MGN.

Now, on a more practical note --- the Romans [at their peak] were always satiated and relaxed. They partook of the clam when and where they wanted, and they laid waist [with reckless abandon] to their enemies.

Vince said...

Rose, Glad I can entertain you. ;-)

Ray, Thanks. The ability to handle my problems or not and the judicious use of alcohol need not be mutually exclusive propositions, I assure you!

My "anonymous" friend, I trust you understand I invoked a little literary license in the form of anthropomorphism. Jesus, much like The Plumage, "don't enter into it". As far as satiety and relaxation- I'm all for it but in this case I don't think it will help me with my current situation.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA