Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back At Home...One Last Time

Today began with taking a pharmacology exam and ends with me sitting in my soon-to-be-former house in Williamstown, New Jersey. We have had it on the market since April and it has finally sold. We are scheduled to go to closing on Monday the 27th before flying back to St. Maarten on the 29th. It is kind of a bittersweet feeling.

Finances dictate our need to sell the house; paying a mortgage with money left over form student loans was not covered in my economics class but I'm sure it violates some pretty elementary laws of personal money management. On the bright side we will stop going through money faster than Lindsay Lohan uses Kleenex. And I suppose in our former lives of working maniacally as ER nurses Kathy and I never got a chance to truly settle in here so we aren't really that attached to it.

But still, I cannot help but feel a little strange. The last year and a half has been a whirlwind of change in my life but having the house here was at least stabilizing. Come Monday we are officially homeless.

C'est la vie!


These are some pictures of our house being built a few years ago.

0 Comments:

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA