Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back on the Rock...Begrudgingly

We landed today back in St. Maarten and somehow things feel different. This is the last semester I have here on the island and I can' t be happier that my time here is almost over. Not that being here is awful or anything, far from it- it is pretty easy to get used to the same exact weather forecast day in and day out.

I suppose I am still a little upset after last night's tear-filled goodbye with the kids. This time was particularly tough. Not only will I miss them just as bad as I always do, and they will me, but after just meeting their little sister they have to say goodbye without having even a full two weeks to get to know her. Maybe I am just getting sentimental in my old age but I had a really hard time this break saying goodbye. Making it worse was the fact that during the entire 10 days we were home, our time was monopolized by a frenzy of running around getting things together and moving all of our junk into storage and closing on the sale of our house. I can't wait to spend time with them when I don't have a million things that have to be done.

1700 miles never felt so far. December can't come soon enough.

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

just a handful of exams and you can kiss this joint goodbye, forever. hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Is that a bit of sentiment I hear??? I'm very impressed, you do have a heart "tin man"

Susie

Vince said...

Your words....they...they...hurt me...now I shall cry...I hope you are happy.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA