Saturday, December 22, 2007

Nomads , the Road to Doctor, and the Condemned

Since we've been back we have been living out of our car. Thank goodness it is an SUV or I suppose we would have to rent yet another storage unit. We are currently staying in an extended-stay corporate type furnished suite. The place is quite nice but we hope to be moving soon after Christmas. Kathy is in the final stages of securing a nursing job through a travel agency with one of the local hospitals. As part of the compensation package they will include an apartment. It will be great to have a semi-permanent base of operations and to finally unpack all of our suitcases.

I haven't been able to do as much studying as I would like but did get in a couple days of review. I have finally received my authorization to test so I can now call the testing center and make my appointment. I'm shooting for the end of January. I am about halfway through (the medical school portion at least) my journey towards doctordom and I can't believe how fast it is going. With any luck clinicals will breeze by just as fast and in 2 short years I will be .......Doctor Vince. Yikes! Of course, by then I am sure we will have a socialized medicine plan in place and I will make about as much money as the Dick Cheney School for Marksmanship and Business Ethics. (smiles at John Gilbert)

Here are a few pictures:

Rileigh and her big brother, John:


Last night Kathy and I went to our friend, Bill's wedding:



Brian and I welcoming Bill into married life, or as we like to call it, the Condemned Men's Club (just kidding dear)




1 Comments:

Scott said...

Thank god (love that guy) for a strong pharmaceutical lobby that will hopefully never allow socialized medicine to happen! Hillary may want it to happen, but we've all seen her try and fail before!

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA