Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday News...

There have been several developments since last we last left our hero.

Thursday night I was on-call and had a relatively quiet night as far as trauma goes. I'll chalk that up as a win. 8 weeks down and only 4 more to go.

Friday night I drove down to spend the weekend with the kids while my VERY pregnant wife was left behind to ..work (I know, I know, I am a MONSTER! but she is still feeling pretty good and we do need the money- thank goodness for supportive wives!)

Saturday night Meagan and Kaitlyn had their Freshman/Sophmore Formal at school and dad was there to function as chauffeur. My little girls are growing into beautiful young ladies- in what seems a blink of an eye! Speaking of chauffeur duties, I let Meagan, with freshly-minted-permit-in-hand, drive us around while I ran some errands Saturday afternoon. Aside from some fingernail marks on the passanger side seat, she put nary a scratch on the car. Actually she has proven to be quite the decent little driver. Stangely enough, I didn't hear any of the colorful language or curteous hand guestures that seem to be the hallmark of my driving, must have her mother's Driving Gene.

John, Bruce and I watched the Villanova - Pitt game and it was a barn-burner. I wish the same could be said for my Ping-Pong skills. Over the course of the weekend, John has beaten me, as they say, like a rented mule. I think at last count it was something between 25 and 30 games. ( with 2 EXTRA embarrassing shut-outs!)In. A. Row. Does anyone know where a man can find himself a ping-pong coach?

Lastly but not leastly, Kathy went to her Ob/Gyn on Friday and they have decided to induce her on Tuesday! Although she is only 39 weeks (of the usual 40) there is concern that the baby is getting to be big enough to replicate the scene from Alien (the ultrasound measurement Friday has the little guy tipping the scales at 9lbs 5oz; but I have my doubts about the accuracy of this latest measurement) At any rate, tomorrow we will find out the details of what time to be at the hospital on Tuesday. We re getting pretty excited and can't wait to meet him.


Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Megg said...

"My little girls are growing into beautiful young ladies"

Thank you, Daddy.
<3

Anonymous said...

I could be persuaded to assist in the ping-pong coaching area. Nah, on second thought, you can't afford me!

Ray M.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA