Thursday, May 7, 2009

Relay For Life


It is that time of year again.

My oldest daughter, Meagan is once again captaining a Relay for Life team and this year has recruited her sister Kaitlyn to share the captaining duties.

For those who do not know, the Relay for Life event is a 24hr walking marathon around the high school's track. At all times someone from each team has someone walking around...and around...and around...and.... More info about the event here.

Last year yours truly made it to the event and despite being extremely sleep deprived, I had a great time. This year I look forward to again walking around aimlessly- a skill I have significantly mastered over the last year!

Last year her team raised $2300.00 $2500.00* for the American Cancer Society and this year they are looking to do the same.

This is where you guys come in.

I don't ask for much on this blog, but this is a worthwhile cause; so if you can find it in your hearts to click on their team's page and make a donation, however small, I would be terribly obliged. Thanks.





*which earned the team the Bronze team title. Thanks for correcting me Meg!

1 Comments:

Megg said...

Thanks for your help daddy, but i must corect a small error. we raised over $2500.00, earning us the titile of a bronze team =]

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA