Sunday, November 2, 2008

1050 ft. Above 5th Avenue

Since I have been a New Yorker for about 6 months now, the rules state that I must make the pilgrimage to 350 5th Avenue- otherwise known as The Empire State Building. If I did not, I would forfeit my right to use certain New York-Only words like is seen in the (absolutely real) sign below:



Given that steep penalty, I opted to pack the car up with Meagan, Kaitlyn, and Rileigh and head on into Manhattan to make my offering to the gods of Gotham.

The view from the street:



The very Art-Deco lobby:




Views from the Observation Deck (86th floor):












Another 422 feet to the top of the spire:



Full tourist gear:



Forcing a picture out of Kaitlyn:



The wind blowing my hair all around (Rileigh's too):





Tickets for The Empire State Building :
$62.00
Parking :
$26.00
3 (small) drinks at Starbucks:
$ 8.07

Getting to spend the day with
your daughters doing cheesy tourist
things (while they will still let you take them):

PRICELESS!

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. i love it :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha loved it though

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA