Sunday, September 23, 2007

Blog Rush and The Caption It! Contest

If you haven't noticed yet I recently Installed the little BlogRush widget on the left. It is a little advertisement of other blogs in a category you choose (I picked Humor). Every time the widget is loaded on your page (however many times people visit the blog) you accumulate "credits". These credits correspond to the number of widgets that appear on other people's blog in which a post title of yours will appear. It is basically just a way to get more traffic happening by your blog to read your crap. I have only had it less than a week and have seen a mild increase in hits to my blog. If you have a blog you should consider giving it a shot (click on the link at the bottom of the widget or click here). There is a referral system so that everyone that adds BlogRush to their site from your referral will increase the credits you earn. Occasionally I find a pretty funny post through the widget.

Anyway, the point of all that is to tell you this: I clicked on one of the post listed there and found a pretty amusing blog named Dazed and Confused From Here. There is a weekly feature where he posts an interesting picture and holds an contest to come up with the best caption. This week's winner was....................ME!

Here is the picture:


And this was my winning comment:

"Mary Kate enlists Ashley to finally exact her revenge on Paris."

Click on this link to see the other comments submitted and here to see all the results. Check out some of his other Caption It! contests.

I may steal this idea for my blog as soon as I find interesting pictures.

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

No, no, no. Paris asked them to help her out. She had a bit of trouble with her most recent spray tan and thought a could parboiling might even out her color.

Vince said...

Head on over to Dazed and Confused's site now, there is another pic and I have submitted another caption. These are fun.

Anonymous said...

I just added a caption to the most recent pic but I think I put it in the wrong spot (I haven't quite mastered these newfangled computer gadget thingys!)

Vince said...

where did you post your comment Ray, I can't see it on his site anywhere?

Try it again.

Anonymous said...

O.K. it's there now.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA