Monday, May 26, 2008

A Walk in the Park / The Bridge to Metropolis

To say that my sleep last night was not restful would be the understatement of the year! It seemed that I woke up every hour- tossing and turning. I am convinced that the draconian piece of torture, that passes for a bed here, was actually designed by the Catholic Church during their whimsical "Inquisition" period. A few nights on this thing and I certainly would have confessed to just about anything. Hopefully some of my insomnia is related to being in a strange place (and even stranger bed) and I will settle in and enjoy some quality sleep soon.

This morning my back felt as though a team of Clydesdales had spent the evening practicing Riverdance moves on my lumbar spine. So in an effort to work out some of those kinks and enjoy the glorious weather, I went out and explored the Brooklyn Scenery.

I walked around a couple of local parks and decided to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge into Manhattan and back. Here are some pictures: (as usual-click on any picture to enlarge)

Since it is Memorial Day:







A perfect day at the park:








The Brooklyn Bridge:











Lady Liberty as seen from the Brooklyn Bridge:






The Empire State Building as seen from the bridge:



1 Comments:

Gerri DiCarlo said...

Way to keep up with the pics! Keep em coming...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA