Monday, July 30, 2007

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

Haven't posted anything in a couple days. I tried to catch up on some desperately needed sleep this weekend but it wasn't to be. Insomnia 1, Vince 0.

In Macbeth, Shakespeare said of sleep:

"... knits up the ravelled sleeve of care
The death of each day's life, sore labor's bath
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast."

I am neither nourished nor is my mind soothed by such a balm.
Shakespeare never met my cat!

On Friday night I couldn't sleep and was reading in the living room until about 3:45 am. I fell asleep on the couch not long thereafter, but was soon awakened by a thunderous crash. The crash involved a pint glass, a counter top, tiled floors and a certain fat furry bastard. The culprit is pictured here but was camera-shy and denied comment on the incident. Diablo has released the following statement regarding the incident through his attorney, Garfield D. Cat, Esq :

"Meow", which roughly translates into:

"I vehemently deny any and all charges in this matter.The whole thing is preposterous. Ludicrous! Inconceivable! If a glass broke, and I'm not saying it did, I was in no way responsible. I was patrolling my counter top as I usually do, and the next thing I know- I was being yelled at and being called very insensitive species-epithets. I am traumatized by this treatment and am considering a counter suit. Besides, who leaves a glass on the counter?"

Other theories put forth by the Diablo defense team include planetary gravitational wobble, earthquake, errant breeze and other non feline-related causes.

Those of you who know me will note that this is not the first attempt by my kitty to kill me, he has previously pushed a lamp onto my head from a dresser while I was sleeping and on another occasion, let's just say he chose to scale Mt. Vince by using inappropriate footholds.

Needless to say I was unable to fall back to sleep and between my mischievous cat and 1 month old daughter, I am working on about 3 solid hours a night. Collapse is imminent.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. you blame that kitty for everything. lol. and by the way i have two scars from that fatty
<3Megg

Vince said...

I told you that he didn't want to play "bear-hug the kitty"!

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA