Sunday, July 15, 2007

Stormy Sunday


Well, the weather gods have finally smote the little island of St. Maarten and its 350 days of "88 degrees with a 30% chance of rain" monotonous forecast. For the last 45 minutes or so, the sky has darkened and opened up dropping a good bit of rain. The winds are whipping pretty good and (since we live at the edge of the golf course) we are experiencing what Forrest Gump calls "sideways rain". Our balcony looks at the moment like the set of a nautical disaster movie. As an exclamation point a HUGE and I mean HHUUGGEE lightning bolt just struck about 200 yards from where I am sitting hitting the lagoon. (hang on a minute)

OK I'm back (with clean underwear now). I do love watching storms but at my advancing age, sudden starts like that can't be good for Vince's life expectancy!

In other news, Kathy's sister Beth and family left today and I suspect that marks the end of any visitors we will have for the remainder of our time here. Time has really flown by this semester and in less than 5 weeks we will be headed home for a short break. Rileigh will get to meet her other grandparents as well as her rest of her family (and friends).

Meagan is globe trotting around Rome and is doing fine -so I hear (from her mother since Meagan has no need to speak with me directly, having already provided her with some spending money, I am now obsolete hahaha) I am sure she is having a great time. Just in case there is some way she gets to read this while she is there: Daddy would like a nice Chianti Classico or Valpolicella.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you survived nature's fury. didn't the Edmund Fitzgerald go down on Simpson Bay Lagoon?

Vince said...

"And all that remains is the faces and the names
Of the wives and the sons and the daughters." Gordon Lightfoot Rocks!

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA