Friday, July 6, 2007

Quiet Friday

Today was a pretty quiet day, after taking a quiz in my ethics class I came home to get in a couple hours on studying Pathology, learning about the wonderful world of Lymphomas and Leukemias. It has taken a while to beat all the variants of each into my increasingly thickening skull. With our tests being 7 weeks apart, I have to try to stay on top of things. As is my luck, I am enjoying my ethics class more than any other I have taken in medical school but alas, it is only a week long.

Maybe because it is a diversion from my usual assault by science based courses, but I enjoy the debate and discussion about issues in medicine that don't have an answer based in flow cytometry or hemoglobin values. This is the first time when we have been expected to think about not only our role as future physicians but how the patient and society for that matter fit in to this dynamic that we will be working in for the rest of out careers. Our professor is very knowledgeable and is more of a conversationalist than a pedantic. She holds a position with The Catholic University of America but has maintained a secular tone in her treatment of the topics.

On the home front, Kathy's mom, Betsy came back to our lovely little island today to visit her latest grandchild. Both she and Kathy's dad were here for the week ending June 20th but, just like Meagan and Kaitlyn, left prior to Rileigh's arrival. She is pictured to the right holding Rileigh after bath time this evening.

I would like to offer a big Thank-You to all the members of the AUC Spouses' Organization for their wonderful support this week. As is tradition now, members take turn bringing new moms and their (starving to death husbands) meals for the first week. We have eaten very well and I can say to those who have been worried about my wasting away: crisis averted!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was beginning to wonder if you were developing cachexia or something. Glad to see you're ok and well fed.

John

Vince said...

Well, you may not know this, but back in the late 90's I suffered from anorexia nervosa. I went to a world renowned Physician and he cured me! He was good. Real Good.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about the meal delivery - I was extremely worried that you'd waste away to nothing!

Now by "meals" you mean Scotch, right?

Vince said...

Your words....they..they hurt me...did you want to make me cry...

I hope you're happy!

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA