Sunday, July 1, 2007

Lacrimal Confessions

On the way home from the hospital last night I met up with the DiCarlos and Jersey Pete. I decided to go along with them to Bali Bar in Marigot where they were meeting up with Cyrus, Dan, Grace and her friend from the states Cindy. It was a load of fun and we had some great conversations. One of which is the inspiration for today's post.

Somehow we got to talking about movies that made us cry. Any of you that know me would probably not categorize me as the touchy-feely type that gets all mushy and weepy at a movie. Now for the most part you would be right. Perhaps I am getting a bit softer in my old age but there have been a select few movies that moved me to tears. The one that pops into my mind first is, I am Sam with Sean Penn Michele Pfeiffer and Dakota Fanning. Maybe it is because I am a father, or maybe it is due to the soft spot I have for the mentally retarded, but this movie reduced me to a blubbering, sobbing idiot. I have only seen the movie once but once was enough. As a matter of fact a few months ago I was in the bedroom studying and Kathy was flipping the channels and stopped on this movie. I heard a few lines of dialog and rushed out to ask, make that, DEMAND that she turn it off, lest I cry all over my Pathology book. My Achilles heel has been uncovered.

Other films mentioned last night included:
Field of Dreams
Braveheart
Saving Private Ryan
Rudy
Life is Beautiful
The Notebook


So I'll pose the same question to you: What movies made you cry? Post your answers below (you can post anonymously, if you don't want to be embarrassed) I am curious to see what makes other people cry.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Pulp Fiction. I wept like a baby when Vincent shot Marvin in the face.

John

Vince said...

You are a regular teddy bear aren't you!

Anonymous said...

I actually have a couple but I'm drawing a complete blank right now. Although, the part in the Untouchables where they dump the kegs of beer comes to mind...

Vince said...

Now that you mention it, I did get a little misty at that as well. Didn't Eliiot Ness know all about the starving alcoholics in Africa (or wherever it was mom used to warn us about). What a waste!

Anonymous said...

7 pounds.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA