Thursday, June 28, 2007

DEFCON 4

Well, it is 0354 and I was awakened about an hour ago with the first reports of regular contractions. They are currently 6 minutes apart and, according to Kathy, "I thought that they would be more unbearable than this." You'll have to forgive her naïveté, this being her first child and all. I'm sure in a matter of a couple hours she will be cursing like a sailor and blaming me for everything from the instability of the Middle East to the death of her first pet hamster.

My daughters are quietly slumbering in the next room as I want to let them sleep as long as possible before dragging them to the hospital with us. The hospital waiting room is devoid of creature comforts like like, for instance, a television, so I'm sure they will appreciate the sleep.

We have drilled for this and know exactly how to respond. I have made a pot of coffee and decided to review my pharmacology notes one last time. I have my exam in exactly 7 hours so we shall see how things go- it should be interesting. On the bright side of being up at this ungodly hour, I am showered and shaved. ( a claim I might not have be able to make later this morning if I wasn't awakened by a laboring wife.) Coffee's done. I will report when the is news. Wish us luck.

0 Comments:

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA