Thursday, June 14, 2007

Why am I awake?

It is 2am and I am suffering from my usual insomnia. I made the mistake of falling asleep on my couch last night for about 2 hours and when I woke up my circadian clock was fooled into thinking it is now time to be wide awake. So I look forward to being a near zombie later this morning at school. Caffeine, thou art mine only savior!

Yesterday we took the 2nd and final test in the Medical Psychology I course. I felt pretty good about it and expect to have done well. Next up is a monster Pathology II test. There will be about 7 weeks of material on fun topics like: skin, breast, kidney, and both the male and female reproductive organs. There are a surprisingly large number of diseases that can spring up in these organs and an apparently small number of my brain cells that want to remember them. There will be a ton of topics to be tested in what will be only a 75 question exam.

To add a little spice to my test taking, I am scheduled to depart our fair little island immediately, and I do mean immediately after taking the test. I am flying home to attend the 8th grade graduation of my oldest daughter, Meagan. Then only a few short hours later, I am flying back Tuesday morning with both Meagan and my youngest daughter, Kaitlyn. They will be staying with us for 10 days. I am excited about seeing them and spending some time enjoying the island with them. Unfortunately my son, John will not be making this trip because of work, but he did come down in February and we had a great time.

Meanwhile, Kathy's parents arrived Tuesday and will be here until next Wednesday. Last night we spent a low key evening at their resort playing pinochle and enjoying the view from their balcony.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your exam.

I didn't realize that there were morning flights to SXM from the States. Where are your flying from?

We arrive Tuesday @ 1515.

Bob

Vince said...

We will be on the same flight I guess. Phl to CLT to SXM.

Anonymous said...

hey daddy. we're excited to see you too. love ya and good luk monday. talk to you soon
<3Megg

Anonymous said...

That's it. We should not be hard to miss. Me, short bald guy, mom, 3 girls and 4 year old boy without much hair either. At least the girls have hair.

Bob

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA