Sunday, June 3, 2007

Busy Weekend

Thursday night at the Cliffhanger was a blast as usual. I'm guessing a dozen or so of our classmates were there at one point or another celebrating the end of our pharmacology exam. In my haste to get there before all the celebrating was done, I forgot my camera. However, I hear there are an extremely funny bunch of photos floating about from others that remembered their cameras.I hope to have them by tomorrow (or as Hillary spells it tommorrow).


Friday night Kathy and I attended Sujit's semi-annual barbecue which was fantastic. The food was great and it was capped off by a large group of us caravaning up to Friar's Bay to catch the Full Moon party. This is truly a spectacle to behold. If ever you are ion St. Maarten (technically its Saint Martin- the French side) you need to try to make one. Every full moon that coincides with a weekend there is a huge party at Friar's Bay. There is a restaurant on the beach that sponsors it and it is complete with DJ, live music, fire-dancers, a gorgeous moon-lit beach, and a giant bonfire that is lit at midnight. Since I am getting old and Kathy is 9 months pregnant, we were both yawning by about 1am so we left pretty early. These young kids and their crazy beach parties!

Last night, Kathy and I enjoyed what I guess will be our last dinner out alone for some time. Upon recommendations from several people, we went to Mario's Bistro in Marigot. The food is great and the atmosphere is very cool. We had a table that was right on the water, and thanks to some underwater lights installed we had our very own live aquarium show. If you happen to make it there, may I suggest the pistachio encrusted fillet of tilapia- it was superb. Apparently we were not the only ones with the idea to go to Mario's; we saw the DiCarlo's entertaining Gerri's parents who are in town and another couple of AUC students there as well.

Rounding out this exceptionally socially active weekend, we will be meeting up with the DiCarlos at Sopranos restaurant for dinner and them coming home to watch the penultimate episode of the Sopranos. It's kind of a theme night (Gerri's idea). Hopefully none of us will get whacked leaving the restaurant. Requests have already been made to keep our little bundle of joy incubating until at least 10pm tonight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

speaking of "the little bundle of joy" when is your wife gonna pop it out =] ?
<3Megg

Anonymous said...

In keeping with the Sopranos theme, if the baby is born tonight, are you going to name it Silvio, Pauley Walnuts, Feech, or Johnny Sack?

John

Vince said...

I'm kinda fond of "Beansie"...but the wife likes Paulie with or without the nuts..we'll find out soon.

Gerri DiCarlo said...

Vince, Sint Maarten is the Dutch name and Saint Martin is the French name. And it's DiCarlo (big 'c') while we're at it. I only bring these to your attention since you included the 'tommorrow' bit.
But I love finding my name in your blog!
Cliffhanger looked very fun, but John and I spent that afternoon helping a friend in need deal with the sadness of losing his mother 3 weeks ago.
But we would like to join you guys next time you go...

Vince said...

Duly noted Gerri, Erratum noted....corrigendum posted! My apologies.

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for USA